Search
About

The Bulgarian ambassador is found eviscerated in his London quarters, and Major Sonja Slade of the Prussian Army searches for his killer while trying to forget her own ties to the dead man.

Contents
Kitty
Navigation

Forum > Newspaper

There's all sorts of things in the newspaper!! Little things I noticed:

o The date is Tuesday, August 20th. Years with an August 20th on Tuesday: 1895, 1901, 1907, 1918, 1929, 1935, 1946, 1957, 1963, 1974, 1985, 1991, 2002, 2013 . This doesn't really tell us much, but you know.
o We are definitely after the year 1952, the year in which the Treaty of Milan was signed.
o We have lots of anachronistic names, but it isn't clear at all if they are proper names or just avid nicknames.
o The British have "A proud heritage of doing away with royalty."
o Barton & Barton are british. In case there was a doubt.
o Lost. The Sphere. Reward Offered.

There's more -- lots more. Like the event tomorrow may have something to do with the Plovdiv Statue unveiling, maybe. Other thoughts?

August 24, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterScott Myers

Hmm. Newspaper?
Where's that then?
I've not seen a newspaper but may have missed it.
Is it physical or virtual?

August 24, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterDatango

Ah, that would be the Physical Newspaper, The London Informer, which arrived in my mail yesterday. It was mentioned numerous times in the kickstarter, some blogs, and a couple other places i fForget.

I don't know if you are at the subscriber level to get your own copy. So, tell you what. I recognize that you want to know what it says n stuff. But I also recognize Adrian/Andrea/David/Naomi need to make some money. So, at some point, we'll post a more thorough summary of articles and contents. Title, author, and summary should be fFine. And, because I'm not sure if the newspaper will be available any other way in the fFuture, I think it's fFine to talk openly about the contents here, in general. But I think unless someone says it's okay, we won't post any kind of word-for-word copying, beyond generally acceptable levels of quotes.

Does that sound good to everyone?

August 24, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterScott Myers

Yes, that seems OK to me.
I have subscribed via this site but came late to the party so was not a kickstarter subscriber.

August 24, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterDatango

As it happens, we are planning on offering the newspaper for sale -- we're just trying to work out a price point that is fair to everyone!

August 24, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterAndrea Phillips

Just got mine, haven't got to look at it yet, but very excited. Bring on the live event!

August 25, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterVanessa

Andrea
Perhaps you could offer various levels of subscription here, with access to varying levels of the material, much like Kick-starter offers various levels reward for varying levels of support?

August 25, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterKirstin

I picked up my nespaper from the Royal Mail sorting office today. BoP had put a first class stamp on an A4 envelope, instead of the Large Letter stamp it required, so I had to pay the 9p difference in stamp price plus another £1 for Royal Mail's admin fee.

August 28, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterTom

Oh no! Tom, we've just today found out about this problem. We are of course very, very sorry, and we are even now working out how to make it up to the affected backers. We'll let you know (probably by email) as soon as we have a course of action sorted out, hopefully in the next day or so.

August 28, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterAndrea Phillips

Hello! And indeed, aargh, sorry about the newspapers. It's my fault - I addressed, stamped and posted the UK ones while I was ill with flu. I weighed them and double checked on the Royal Mail website that a first class stamp would be enough - I was *so sure* I'd got it right but clearly my brain was flu-fogged :-(. I even had extra stamps I could have put on, but, sigh, flu brain combined with Royal Mail rules...

Sorry. As Andrea says, we're working something out.

August 28, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterNaomi Alderman

Just tell me where to send you my money for the newspaper!

August 30, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterNoah

I just got my newspaper today - I had failed to fill in forms correctly but the fantastic people at sixtostart fixed it all for me within a day - many thanks!

It's a great piece of work, totally authentic, with tonnes of extra details about the world we are finding out about, so I recommend all to buy it if you can. I'm intrigued by the crossword - I'm a bit of a crossword fan, but this one looks like it requires a bit more knowledge of the Cold War current affairs than we currently have. Does anyone think it is actually solveable now, will it be completed as the story unfolds, or is it just in there for realism? Wonder if there's clue in there to a future plot twist, if it's ever finished?
The classifieds too were a traditional place to make covert communications, at least in spy stories I've read. Noted the lost sphere (the new cube - in my dreams!- ha ha!) but lots of other potential secret messages in there.

Prince Jamie appears a lot - was this before or after Prince Harry's Vegas indiscretions?

September 1, 2012 | Unregistered Commenterbadbarry

So how can I purchase this newspaper separately?

October 23, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterNoah

Not really sure if this has any point, given the absence of updates recently, but I did manage to solve the crossword in the newspaper. A combination of stuff from the newspaper and general googling of genuine facts got me there. Apart from being fun, I can't see any plot hints in there, but will keep looking.

The other thing I noticed was that if you take the names of the authors of the articles on the front page and look at the end of their first name and beginning of their surname, you get:

BlaINE EDwards
DeniCA SHen

I need cash!? I only noticed it as the names were odd.

Useless I'm sure.

November 18, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBadbarry