Search
About

The Bulgarian ambassador is found eviscerated in his London quarters, and Major Sonja Slade of the Prussian Army searches for his killer while trying to forget her own ties to the dead man.

Contents
Kitty
Navigation

Forum > Ramblings

Rather than mess up any of the other threads, I thought it would be worth having a thread for people to post pretty much anything ...

August 16, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterKirstin

¡uɹǝp-pɹǝsdɹǝ ɯ,ı ¡pɹǝbɥɐɯɹǝ

August 16, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterScott Myers

Oh. uhm. hey, uhm, Adrian/Andrea/David/Naomi, 2 actual technically related things, with no better place to post them offhand...

1) What would it take to get a registered account on the site so I don't have to deal with the Captcha every-time I post? I understand the need fFor Captchas, and maybe your preference will be to only give registered accounts to you guys, because maybe registered accounts touch so much more than just fForums or something. But it is annoying, you know?

2) Will it be possible to get a Search fFunction on the site? Or should we generally depend on things like google fFor our searches of the Balance of Powers? I know it's still a work in progress, but I can imagine an interest in wanting to know just where it was so-and-so was mentioned.

Thank you muchly!! Totally understand if these are not things you are interested in spending time on at the moment.
Cheers!

August 16, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterScott Myers

Scott, thanks for the feedback -- we're basically working on making everything better little by little, but this is definitely the kind of thing that's on our mind. If you have any other thoughts like that, please do share them, it's helpful to hear what needs are the most pressing from your point of view.

August 17, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterAndrea Phillips

@Scott: You can already search. See here: http://www.balanceofpowers.org/display/Search

August 19, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterNoah

Episode Index
What would be useful would be if from the "begin" tab you had a list of episodes and links, so you could jump to a particular episode (or search for the title). As the number of episodes gets greater and greater, it is going to get harder to just jump to the one you wand to re-read.

August 25, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterKirstin

This link works just fine for me!

http://www.balanceofpowers.org/display/Search?searchQuery=week&moduleId=&moduleFilter=&categoryFilter=&startAt=0

August 25, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterNoah

Ah ... thanks

August 26, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterKirstin

We're also working on a Contents page which will do the same thing - you can see a preview here: http://www.balanceofpowers.org/contents

August 26, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterAdrian

And while we're giving honest feedback, it might be useful to include a date posted against each week's dispatch. I know that might confuse the historical versus present day timelines a bit, but it'd good to know what's been revealed at any given point in time to put forum postings in context as at that time. E.g. If someone posts some conjecture about a plot point that is later clarified in a weekly dispatch, then by checking dates we could safely ignore (or confirm) it.

P.S. Loving it so far guys. Really accessible for someone who doesn't have loads of time at their disposal. :-)

August 26, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMidnight