Search
About

The Bulgarian ambassador is found eviscerated in his London quarters, and Major Sonja Slade of the Prussian Army searches for his killer while trying to forget her own ties to the dead man.

Contents
Kitty
Navigation

Forum > Similar to The Mongoliad?

When I read about this site on Twitter earlier this morning, I couldn't help but notice the similarities with The Mongoliad by Neal Stephenson and friends. Anyone else reading their stories over at http://mongoliad.com/contents?

Also. Huge Perplex City fan... still have an un-scratched Million-to-One card. I assume that one is still unsolved?

August 14, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterNoah

Cool, been wanting to read Mongoliad, now maybe I'll have a reason to get around to it. =)
And yes, Million to One is still unsolved.

August 16, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterScott Myers

My intitial thoughts about the story and the time period are that they are very similar to G. W Dahlquist's "The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters". They were a series of books about the late 19th/early 20th century time period, with lots of Eastern European kings and diplomats dominating the scene, which of course means spies and political intrigue. Another similarly feeling period is that of Sherlock Holmes and all his dealings with shady foreign powers, and that was all written by Conan-Doyle in the early 20th century. There are clearly more modern inventions in this alternate universe, but politically it feels about 100-150 years old.

September 2, 2012 | Unregistered Commenterbadbarry